This post is also available in: German
Apple crumble with marzipan is a dessert that everyone loves. No wonder! The combination of flavoursome apples and crunchy crumbels with marzipan is simply delicious. And super easy to prepare. All we need for it are 5 ingredients. And vanilla ice-cream of course! A hit at Christmas Eve!
The basic recipe is fairly easy. Fruit underneath, crumbles on top! First of all I need apples of course. To fill an oval casserole with the size 18 cm x 26 cm I use 6 to 8 middle seized apples. Peeled and chopped I let the boil with half a cup of water until they are soft. By doing that the crumble wil turn out wonderfully juicy!
If I take apricots or mix the apples with raspberries or blackberries I don’t cook the fruits beforehand. Apples on their own will still be quite hard, though, when the crumbles are done. Depending on the season I like fruit crumbles with apples, apricots, pears, berries or mixed fruit.
I take flour, sugar, grated marzipan and butter. This time I used gluten free flour but whatever you prefer. While peeling the apples I let the butter melt in a bowl in the oven at 100°. Then I mix all the ingredients up properly, use a rotary styler first and finally my hands.
The crumble dough for my apple crumble should be elastic but still firm. Otherwise the crumbles might all met in the oven later. Then I put the dough in the fridge for a bit to let it cool.
I fill the soft cooked apples in the casserole and let them cool in the fridge, too, before I place the crumbles closely spaced on the apples. Then I turn on the oven on 175° recirculating air.
In the oven it goes for 20 min et voilà! The yummy Christmas Dessert is done. Add vanilla ice cream and enjoy! By the way, you will find more easy Christmas dessert ideas on http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g1036/easy-christmas-desserts/
And if you feel bad after that delicious sin, just balance it with some of my home exercises! http://twotell.com/en/workout-home-simple-easy/
- peel the apples
- chop the peeled apples
- cook the chopped apples in a pot with half a cup of water until they are soft. Melt the butter meanwhile at 100° circulation air in the oven
- Mix sugar, flour and grated marzipan and add the melted butter
- Mix all ingredients first with a rotary stirrer as not to burn your hands on the melted butter and finally knead them with your hands until you have a flexible dough.
- Let the oven pre heat to 175° circulation air. Fill the cooked apples in the casserole and put it and the dough in the fridge to cool for 10 min. Then form half a thumb thick crumbles and place them closely spaced on the apples.
- Put casserole in the oven in the middle and let it bake for 20 min until the crumbles are golden brown and crunchy.
- Remove casserole from the oven, put apple crumble on a plate with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!